Campus Calendar Application Opens to Undergrads

On Feb. 1, Undergraduate Council President Ava Nasrollahzadeh '16 and Vice President Dhruv P. Goyal '16 led the first UC meeting of the semester.
By Jalin P. Cunningham, Crimson Staff Writer

The smartphone calendar application Ventfull is now open for Harvard undergraduates to use after the Undergraduate Council paid to bring the service to campus for the semester.

Ventfull, first started as a website at Brown University, is an online calendar tool that is geared towards colleges and aims to keep students informed of events happening on their campuses.

On Feb. 1, Undergraduate Council President Ava Nasrollahzadeh '16 and Vice President Dhruv P. Goyal '16 led the first UC meeting of the semester. By George J Lok

According to UC Vice President Dhruv P. Goyal ’16, the Council paid $1,200 to bring Ventfull to Harvard for a trial period that will last through the spring semester. Goyal and UC President Ava Nasrollahzadeh ’16 publicized the service to students in an email Wednesday.

Ventfull’s Harvard calendar currently lists various upcoming student group events and includes features that allow users to filter for various attributes such as House-specific events or events with free food.

In an effort to populate the calendar, the UC Finance Committee said in a meeting earlier this semester that all events funded through the Council will be required to appear on Ventfull’s Harvard calendar.

Ventfull was a major component of the current UC leaders’ campaign platform last November. The application will be available over an online platform, as well as on Android and iOS phone operating systems. Nasrollazadeh and Goyal also plan to launch a new version of the current Harvard smartphone application later this semester.

—Staff writer Jalin P. Cunningham can be reached at jalin.cunningham@thecrimson.com. Follow her on Twitter @JalinCunningham.

CollegeUndergraduate CouncilStudent GroupsStudent LifeCollege LifeEventsCollege News